Google Search

Google

Monday, March 12, 2007

spec changelog made easy...

Are you a rpm maintainer? do you update your spec files often? Have you got tiered of remembering what day it is? Getting tiered of writing your name and mail to rpm change log?

If you answered yes to 2 of the questions you are in luck :) I maintain several rpm's and I always forget what day it is when I need to update the change log. After loosing several valuable seconds of time figuring it out I think that I have forgotten some things I need to add to the change log.

Well here is a cure - as my main spec writing tool is vim(-enhanced :) I added this little snippet to my ~/.vimrc


:command -nargs=0 V : :r!date +"* \%a \%b \%d \%Y My Name <my.name@my.domain>\%n- "

No more annoying date errors/name errors - need new change log entry just type :V and your set :)


technorati tags:

Blogged with Flock

No comments: